These resources will help you in your own research. We do not receive a referral fee from any of the companies or organizations listed here.

New Client Forms
If you are a new client with us, review and sign these forms.
Home Care
There are hundreds of in-home care providers in Washington. Here is a list of a few we are familiar with in the Puget Sound region.
These professional organizers and downsizers are specially trained to help seniors.
Seattle area movers specially trained in helping seniors move.
Elder Law
Elder care lawyers have invaluable knowledge about elder law issues such as Estate Planning, Disability Planning & Trusts, Estate Administration, and applying for Medicaid. Here are a few we know and trust.
Medicare/Medicaid Assistance
Medicare and Medicaid can be confusing to navigate. Many people get even get the two terms mixed up. Here is a brief description of each and some helpful links.
Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefits
Are you a US Veteran or surviving spouse? You may be entitled to a benefit administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs that can provide tax-free funds to purchase care, both in-home and residential. Here are some helpful links about these benefits.
Nursing Assessments
Before moving to a care facility, an assessment by a qualified assessor, usually an RN, is required by WA State. If you’re moving to an assisted living there is no fee for this assessment. If you’re moving to an adult family home you’ll need to hire a nurse for around $400 to complete the assessment. Here is a list of nurses who are in the practice of doing adult family home pre-admission assessments.
Daily Money Management
Daily money management is an invaluable service when you need help keeping your personal financial activities organized. Services include bill paying, checkbook balancing, income and expense tracking, filing, organizing, budgeting, and handling medical insurance claims.
Additional Resources

New Client Forms

Home Care

These are providers we have had good experiences with in the past and they don't pay us for listing them. We hope you find them helpful.

  • Husky Senior Care (Bellevue, Seattle, Tacoma)
  • 425.241.4900 (Bellevue)
  • 206.599.9990 (Seattle)
  • 253-266-9942 (Tacoma)
  • Fedelta (Bellevue, Federal Way, Seattle)
  • 206.362.2366

If you would like to conduct your own search, here are some resources to help you.

  • Department of Social and Health Services
  • The Department of Social Health Services provides a complete list of providers with their license status and links to enforcement letters as well as a document called “Disclosure of Services” outlining some specific information about what type of care they provide and their Medicaid policy.
  • Department of Health
  • On the Department of Health’s website you can look up a home care agency to see if they are in active status. Additionally, you can look up an individual nurse or caregiver to see if their license is active and if they have any enforcement actions on record. For home care agencies look under the “Health Facility” link and for individuals look under “Healthcare Provider.”
  • Retirement Connection
  • Retirement Connection provides a list of local providers including contact information and website listings.



Elder Law

Medicare/Medicaid Assistance

  • State Health Insurance Benefits Advisors
  • Free Medicare enrollment help from volunteers.
  • 800.562.6900

Veterans Benefits

Nursing Assessments and Nurse Delegation

  • Tina Ackerson, BSN, RN
  • [email protected]
  • 360.610.5864
  • $400 for preadmission assessments. Snohomish County.
  • Alina Capusan, RN
  • [email protected]
  • 425.445.5106
  • $400 for pre-admission assessments. Covers Seattle and Eastside.
  • Nancy Haberman, RN
  • [email protected]
  • 206.619.3457
  • $400 for preadmission assessments. Prefers Eastside (Renton to Kirkland).

Daily Money Management

Additional Important Resources

  • Washington State Long-Term Care Ombudsman
  • Solid Ground
  • [email protected]
  • 206.623.0816
  • The Washington State Long-Term Care Ombudsman advocates for residents of nursing homes, adult family homes, and assisted living facilities. Their purpose is to protect and promote Resident Rights under Federal and State law and regulations. They are trained to receive complaints and resolve problems in situations involving quality of care, use of restraints, transfer and discharge, abuse and other aspects of resident dignity and rights.
  • *Has a list of Medicaid housing options.
  • The Association of Senior Referral Professionals
  • ASRP is the professional trade association for referral or placement agencies in Washington. Washington state was the first to pass a law (in 2012) regulating the operating procedures of senior referral professionals like Silver Age. You can find information here about the regulations we are required to follow.

Types of Senior Care

  • Retirement Communities are for independent and active seniors. These communities often have age requirements of either 55 and older, or 62 and older. Learn More
  • Home Care is available for individuals who want care in the comfort of their own home. Learn More
  • Assisted Living Communities range from about 50 to 100 units or apartments consisting of various floor plans. Learn More
  • Adult Family Homes—also known as Residential Care Homes—are private homes licensed to care for up to six people. Learn More
  • Skilled Nursing Facilities—also known as Nursing Homes—are licensed to provide 24-hour skilled nursing care. Learn More